Wednesday, October 28, 2009

CHOCLAT SIN..#2

AS PROMISED, IT'S WEDNESDAY, CHOCOLATE INDULGENCE DAY. This is pretty simple..and if it's not, so what? It happens to be low in fat, but you can fatten it up if you wish.
x
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE PUDDING
x
Custard Layer:
x
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup egg substitute (or 2 eggs)
1 cup + 2 tbls. evaporated fat- free milk
1 1/2 ounces semisweet baking chocolate
cooking spray
x
Cake Layer:
x
3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup egg substitue (or 2 eggs)
1/4 cup applesauce (or 1/4 cup butter)
Fat free whipped topping or whipped cream
x
Preheat oven to 325 deg./ CUSTARD: Combine sugar, egg, stirring well with whisk. Heat milk, do not boil. Remove from heat, add chocolate, stir until chocolate melts. Add hot milk mix to sugar mix, stir with whisk.xx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
POUR mixture evenly into 6 (4 oz.) ramekins or custard cups, coated with cooking spray. Place in baking pan, add hot water to pan to depth of 1 inch. Bake at 325 for 30 min., or until set. Remove and cool in pan for 30 min, then remove from pan and drain water.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
CAKE LAYER: Place chocolate in small glass bowl. Microwave at high for 2 minutes or till almost melted. Set aside. Beat sugar and egg with a mixer until well blended . Add chocolate and applesauce(or butter) beat until well blended. Pour evenly over the custard layer. Place cups in baking pan. Add hot water to 1 inch. Bake at 325 for 20 min. Remove from pan. Let cool to room temperature. Serve with whipped topping or cream.
ENJOY!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll try anything that has chocolate in it, low fat or not!

Butternut Squash said...

This is my kind of decadence!

Lyn said...

Hi Jane-
That's absolutely me..but it's nice to try to cut back on those mean calories!

Lyn said...

Hi Butternut-
I think more people agree about chocolate than anything else!

A Cuban In London said...

It is seriously indulging. Just looking at the photo makes me drool. Many thanks.

Greetings from London.

Lyn said...

Greetings to a Cuban-
At the same moment you were drooling, I was blogging you..yikes!!
Temptation every Wednesday..chocolate that is!

Tess Kincaid said...

Oh, gosh. I think I'm going to have to get out one of my little Ghirardelli dark chocolate squares... (wiping slobber off with my sleeve)

Jeane Myers said...

OMG! I have to get some ramekins! I want some, NOW! this looks so good and may I say, I love your new header!

Lyn said...

Hi Willow-
And to add to your treats, you gotta get Lindt Xtra dark truffles, in the shiny bag. Baking, shmaking, this'll do it every time!

Lyn said...

Hi Jeane-
I always want some NOW! Chocolates too...haha...
Thanks about the header..It seems quite a task to come up with one!

Unknown said...

Hi Lyn,

I've tried something similar once but it was just one mix that separates during cooking. Great gooey centre! I hope you're doing extra laps of Central Park?!

Lyn said...

Hi Derrick-
You're going to hate me..I'm one of those people who's always been UNDERweight! The only laps I do is lapping it up... Will be WATCHING the NY Marathon on Sunday.
I like your choc mix..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin