Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Another Epiphany.

BEST OF ALL
x
How many epiphanies
do I have to stumble through,
proclaim with certainty that this is it?
x
I knew each one to be the truth,
bearing such radiance,
x
being, after all
the absolute revelation
that sparkles with blinding points of light,
passed along from God to perfect soul.
x
I always keep the faith
from daybreak
till end of day
when folly tiptoes in and shakes my serenity
x
and I tend to let drift
downstream
the perfect wisdom
that brought a contented beam to my lips
for at least seventeen hours.
x
Today is such a day...
I really walked a glowing path,
uncertainties are finally shed,
I hold a rose whose heart is known,
and best of all,
twenty-two hours have past.
x
x
c copyright/ all rights reserved

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this. The way you couch the ego... the certainty of what we know versus what we don't know...Beautiful.

Lyn said...

Suzanne-
Thank you so much for visiting, and for your comment! Just took a peek at your blog..My word!!

alaine@éclectique said...

The way I read it, Lyn, is that one has got through a day without any hiccups? Am I right?

Jeane Myers said...

mmmmm, I loved this Lyn - it's a universal truth :)

Lyn said...

Hi Alaine-
I like the way you see it! It's a survival thing, isn't it..hope, and all that!!

Lyn said...

Hi Jeane-
Thank you.. I do seem to keep climbing the same hill..as I said, "this is it"!

Unknown said...

Hi Lyn,

Beautifully said. If only we knew the perfect truth. Glad you enjoyed 'my' poetry day selections.

Lyn said...

Hi Derrick-
Thank you and you're welcome...The perfect truth? When we know it, we're sort of saints, or bodisattva's!

A Cuban In London said...

Now I understand why you disagreeed with Zadie Smith so vehemently the other day. And you're quite right. If you believe in your own epiphany, then no one can wrest it away from you. This poem is evidence of that. It's measured, but passionate at the same time. Many thanks.

As for the post about your cat, yes, you're quite right and I'm wrong. I need to get my religious knowledge in order. It's hard to keep up, believe me :-).

Greetings from London.

Lyn said...

Greetings to a Cuban-
Thanks for the great response! I believe that as writers or cooks, we are foolish if we don't use our last breath to tell our truth. Smith's proposition is a good device to make us think. Betrayal is the surprise that others may serve me, why help?..
And as for the religious aside..it is hard to remember everything that Henry accomplished!
You are a bright and funny bulb!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin