Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween...

TWO GHOSTS
X
LADIES IN WAITING
X
She sits in a straight backed chair,
slouching like Whistler's Mother.
Head to toe in black, she looks out
of the night window.
I wonder if she's the nurse.
In the ward there are no other children.
I call out, "Can you bring me some water"?
She turns to me and
I can't find her face.
x
She sits on the edge of my bed.
Her etched face is older
than I will ever be.
Unwinding the ashen strands
of pinned back hair,
she lets it float around her shoulders,
then smiles her white grin
as if she were a doll.
x
from: TWO GHOSTS/poems


Don't be afraid, smile, it's all an illusion.....
x
x
http://www.minblu.blogspot.com/

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooooo, scary Lyn!

Go easy on the kohl and mascara tonight!!

Jeane Myers said...

okay, that had just enough eerieness to be a bit scary - happy halloween :)

Lyn said...

Hi Derrick-
But tonight is fright night..isn't it OK to overdo it a bit? I'll try to keep a lid on it!

Lyn said...

Hi Jeane-
These 2 are why I called my book of poems "Two Ghosts"...scary is good!
Boooo....Happy Halloween...

A Cuban In London said...

Spooky and yet so tender, especially towards the end. I loved it. Many thanks. Happy Halloween! (belatedly)

Greetings from London.

Lyn said...

Greetings to a Cuban-
Memories of childhood dreams...brrrr...
Thanks and happy Sunday!

alaine@éclectique said...

Halloween over here is not as huge as the States!

Noticed the Bach Prelude on the sidebar; I enjoy playing it. I popped a Bach CD on the other day while I moved furniture around! It gave me more energy!

Lyn said...

Hi Alaine-
Yes, it's a very big deal here..I was wearing orange socks with black spiders embroidered on them..never grow up!
Bach eternal..isn't is gorgeous?

Raph G. Neckmann said...

Orange socks with black spiders on? Sounds wonderful!!

Love the spooky poem!

Lyn said...

Hi Raph-
High style for me!
Love spooky!! Thanks..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin