Wednesday, October 21, 2009

CHOCLAT SIN..#1

I WAS BORN ON A WEDNESDAY, AND HEARD AT A VERY EARLY AGE THAT WEDNESDAY'S CHILD IS FULL OF WOE. I've tried to dispel this image by acting as if I were Saturday's child instead. And for my own gratification, I've gone overboard in the matter of chocolate. Reliable , never failing chocolate. I have rewarded myself for having been born on a Wednesday in the best way I know.
x
I intend to devote Wednesdays to chocolate recipes, and I'll call these posts "Choclat Sin". I hope you try and enjoy the recipes I post!
x
Chocolate Bread Pudding
x
4 cups milk
4 eggs
1 /2 cup sugar
6 tbls. butter or margarine
12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
1 tbls. vanilla extract
1 loaf white bread, crusts trimmed
pinch of salt
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
1 pint heavy cream, whipped
x
Whisk the milk, eggs, salt and sugar in saucepan. Add butter and 1 cup chocolate chips and heat over low heat, stirring till chocolate melts. Stir in vanilla. Cut the bread into 1 1/2 inch cubes. Lightly coat 13 x 9 in. baking dish with cooking spray or butter. Place bread in dish and pour sauce over. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or more, until all is absorbed. Heat oven to 325 deg. F. Remove plastic, sprinkle remaining chocolate chips and chopped pecans on top and bake for 45-50 min. or until set. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream. Serves 8.

10 comments:

Tess Kincaid said...

I adore bread pudding AND chocolate, but never thought of comining the two. Deadly sin.

I was born on a Saturday. What does that mean?

Lyn said...

Hi Willow-
There's nothing like piling it on!
"Saturday's Child works hard for a living"..
Will try to post the whole list.

Unknown said...

Great idea, mixing chocolate into bread pudding! Thanks for sharing this recipe and look forward to the whole list of "born days"... think I was a Monday child.

Lyn said...

Hi Jane-
It may be possible to put chocolate into everything..I'm working on it! And the list...

Unknown said...

Hi Lyn,

Just catching up - with art, comedy and chocolate! I love bread and butter pudding and also have a quick, easy and tasty chocolate version using fruit bread and Nutella! There's also a James Martin pud using croissant and whisky in the custard! No chocolate but, who cares??!! If you're going to start me dredging up these recipes I'm going to have to stop visiting on Wednesdays!

Lyn said...

Hi Derrick-
Love your recipes, (croissant and whiskey..wow)and I hope you can dredge up some more!

Kat Mortensen said...

Thank you! You just solved my dessert dilemma for when my sister-in-law arrives this weekend. Mmmmm!

Linking to you from my new blog, by the way. You can see it here:

katkigo.blogspot.com

Lyn said...

Hi Kat-
So glad to be of service! Many more to come..
And I did start "following" your new blog!!

Natalie said...

Oh MY GoB! That sounds heavenly. One I am definitely going to make this weekend.

Lyn said...

Hi Natalie-
I aim to please! Well worth your time..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin