Thursday, October 15, 2009

Very Hot Chocolate

I AM SO IN NEED OF COMFORT TODAY. THE WIND IS DRIVING A VERY GREY RAIN against the window pane and even Milo seems to be shrugging his shoulders, asking, what is this, wasn't it just early autumn? Weren't the leaves showing off in multi- colored hues? But an hour ago they were flying across my face, sticking to my umbrella. Why is it suddenly winter..a very real 41 degrees..can't it wait another month? And that guy on TV just said possible snow. Impossible!
x
I will resist with the last ounce of my hot chocolate. I will take myself to a new level of pleasure. The only love I need now is a chocolate lovers kind. I'm immersing myself in the most intense, velvety depths I can reach. Want to come along?
x
Recipe for 1 for Premium Mocha:
x
4 level Tbsp. dark chocolate chips
1-2 oz. espresso
6 oz. of milk
x
Add 4 Tbsp. of the chocolate and 6 oz. milk to pitcher and heat gently till steamy hot. Stir and add espresso, pour into a beautiful cup (important). Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with ground chocolate or cocoa powder. If you wish, you can leave out the espresso. And make more than 1 serving. And cover the pitcher to keep it hot. Biscotti is really good with this.
x
Mmmmm.


18 comments:

Raph G. Neckmann said...

Oh yummy! I will have this in my very favourite mug. And I think hot scones with jam and cream melting down onto the plate also.

Natalie said...

Oh yum.MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Lyn said...

Hi Raph-
Yummy to the scones and jam..I could live on this stuff!

Lyn said...

Hi Natalie-
The #1 yum factor in the world!

alaine@éclectique said...

MmMmmmm!! Lyn, I've put on 6lbs just reading the recipe!

What happened to Fall? Global cooling rather than global warming!

We have snow to 1000metres today; that's unheard of in October! We had so much rain yesterday that the internet was down until 10:15am (water in the lines). We've been suffering withdrawals!

Off to look for the chocolate chips!

Lyn said...

Hi Alaine-
Warming, cooling..just plain nasty..here too, it's been a rather coolish year. Chocolate to the rescue!

Tess Kincaid said...

Oh. Yum. This is the whipped cream on your nose kinda hot chocolate.

Very brisk and gray day here, as well.

I'm making myself a cup this weekend. Mmm.

Betsy Brock said...

We had that weather today, too! And great minds think alike...I'm sipping hot chocolate right now! ;)

Jeane Myers said...

oh to have a cup of this, let the cold winds blow - I don't do much in the kitchen, but this I will definitely do! yumo!

Lyn said...

Hi Willow-
Enjoy! I find the chocolate changes the weather..yes, really!

Lyn said...

Hi Betsy-
A fine mind indeed..I must salute you !

Lyn said...

Hi Jeane-
It's very worthwhile going into the kitchen for this..and not only when the weather is brisk!

A Cuban In London said...

Premium mocha is much needed these days over here. I like having mine on a Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning. Many thanks.

Greetings from London.

Lyn said...

Greetings to a Cuban-
Morning, noon, or night..it's all OK with me...thank you!

Unknown said...

Hi Lyn,

Boy, do you know how to look after yourself! Hot chocolate is one of my favourites but it's AGES since I had one?! It's been rather mild here of late but one can always stretch a point! Trouble is, I'll have to go out and buy the choc chips first - or I could always come over??

Lyn said...

Hi Derrick-
You betcha! Chocolate..champagne..you only live once..and it is too bad that you can't drop in..or can you?

Unknown said...

Yummmmmy! Although I like the rain.

Lyn said...

Hi Jane-
Hope your photo pops up..some are disappearing..
Rain is nice sometimes.. chocolate always.. Thanks..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin