Sunday, March 15, 2009

I Spy

THE WINDOWS OF MY APARTMENT ARE HIGH UP, AND OVERLOOK
A COURTYARD. I LOOK INTO THE SKY, SEE A DRIFT OF GREY. WHAT IF IT'S DRIZZLING, SHOULD I TAKE AN UMBRELLA? I CAN'T SEE
PAST THE BUILDINGS AND TREES.
X
So I turn on the TV to channel 999 and I immediately get a full view of the lobby, thanks to the inter-cam. I can now see, through large front doors, dimness, at 6:45 in the morning. But no umbrellas passing by.
x
The night doorman is pulling a large yellow bucket on wheels, for a final swabbing of the entry. He's stopping to open the door, then turns to answer the house phone. Who needs him at this hour? Could be a water disaster. This building is infamous, for even the walls have been
known to spring a leak.
x
There goes that snob Tommy, (who was arrested last week). Apt. 3J. Walking Misty, his Lab. A little on the early side? Did someone take care of Misty when he was taken away? He's back now, so was he arrested or not? Drugs, Mrs. Fields told me in the elevator yesterday. Anyway, Angel, the superintendent has keys to every one's apartment. Mine included. Lots of luck trying to find Milo, my cat. Or stop a flood. But that's another story.
x
Well, well, is that Betty, Apt. 12M, in the doorway, kissing, holding hands with someone? Does not look like her husband, or her son. She did change the color of her hair last week, put lots of blond streaks into the brown. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
x
Starbucks, across the street, must be open, 7:00 am. Here comes 7H's housekeeper, balancing 4 cups, and a bag of who knows what? Breakfast for the family.
x
Tommy's back. Misty's stopping to play with the night doorman, Santo. Really. We have Angel, Santo, and the doorman who walks all the dogs in the building, Jesus. Now what could possibly go wrong in a building with these wise men?
x
I can see more of the street now. Sun's coming up, quite clearly. Truck backing up in front of the building. Someone's moving in, or out today? I'll find out later.
x
Channel 999? Really convenient. Actually I'm only interested in checking on the weather.










































13 comments:

Linda S. Socha said...

Hi Lyn
I like your post. I could feel as if I were visiting your building!
I love the way your write.Good post!

I do have a question for you or your readers. I am in a puzzel about how to create the links to my blog or other blogs like the one you have from Willow Manor under the comment sections.

Did you create that or is there something that can be installed to create it? I have researched but have not been able to find the answer to how to get the link to the post widget.
THANKS for any info you or anyone may have.
Linda

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda-
Thanks for visiting my building!
Now, I am the most inept non-techie around. Whenever I try to instal something, it sort of doesn't work. The link from Willow was put there by Willow..she seems to me to know everything! So she may be able to help..
I am extremely frustrated also, and perhaps someone will take notice of your request. Good luck!!

Unknown said...

Hi Lyn,

For a moment, I thought I was in another of your adventure stories! Then I thought, how great to make up a mystery from what can be seen through your lobby cam! A bit like 'Rear Window', with dog walkers!!

Tess Kincaid said...

Entertaining little peek into your neighborhood!

Anonymous said...

Derrick-
How clever, Rear Window, I never thought of that..and I so admire Hitchcock! I do have some suspicions that bear watching!! Will keep you posted.....

Anonymous said...

One of my doormen is known as the Mayor of Carnegie Hill, my neighborhood..people in NY really do know a lot about eachother!!!

Anonymous said...

Willow-
That comment above was meant for you, I'm just addled....

Laura Doyle said...

That channel would be a dangerous thing for me...I'm unabashedly nosy, but in a curious way. : ) Nice narrative!

Anonymous said...

Hi Starlene-
Nosy, in a good way!
As I said, it's for the weather that I do it...if I see anything naughty, oh well....

Jeane Myers said...

OMG! I want channel 999! way better then anything on regular TV! Lucky you!

A Cuban In London said...

Wow, I felt as if I was snooping around, too. Hmmm... 999, I will remember that one. Nice one.

Greetings from London..

Loz said...

So did you go out?

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jeane-
It's true...and in wonderful Technicolor ! But there are some slow times!


A Cuban in London-
I wonder if anyone's tracking me? Hmmm.... Thank you...


Loz-
Went out, came back, no problem!!Thanks...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin