Saturday, March 28, 2009

Cleaning Cwirks !



THANK YOU SO MUCH, POETIKAT, FOR INVITING ME TO PARTICIPATE IN A LITTLE HOUSE CLEANING CONFESSION SESSION. QUIRKY YOU SAY ?...
I'll have to reach for that one. THANK YOU, KAT, FOR RAISING MY CONSCIOUSNESS!!
X
No, that's not the entrance to my apartment. That is the Hall of Mirrors at Versailles. Just a bit of gallows humor. Anyway...
x
I'm almost overwhelmed by the introspection necessary to explore this task. It's been a long time since I've pondered anything this deeply.
x
1. Cleaning is not a concept that immediately comes to mind. My cleaning arsenal consists of a neat card, with a picture of a dust mop on it, and a telephone number for Merry Maids, Inc.
x
2. I have not abandoned all chores. Milo (cat) lets me know if I'm not doing my part. But I must wear rubber gloves to empty the litter box. Otherwise I'll be ill. That stuff is so yucky.
x
3. Kat uses a bikini on her face to filter dust. I use mine the normal way, for my kind of house cleaning, when I sometimes swipe table tops for dust. And to see how far my neighbor can lean out his window before he loses his balance.
x
4. I no longer get any newspapers, so it's hard to clean windows anymore. The only "windows" I do clean are on the Internet. A bit of spit on my finger tip takes care of drops of sticky food on the screen.
x
5. I always have tape wrapped around my hand, endlessly picking up the hair that Milo sheds. You'd think he'd be bald by now.
x
Well, that's it. It is rather exhausting just writing about cleaning. I salute all of my bloggy pals who use something called
elbow grease!!



16 comments:

Deedee said...

Hi Lyn - Now you've inspired me. I MUST do some cleaning. By the way, I've found this great thing for cat hair - It's called fabric sweeper by pledge and it's a hand held thingy that picks up hair better than tape or lint rollers - it really works great!

Lyn said...

Hi Deedee-
Thanks so much for reminding me about the fabric sweeper..I saw it on TV and forgot the name..
have fun cleaning!

Jeane Myers said...

LOL! you must be exhausted! you and Milo should probably lay down and have little nap! and oh, my, Willow's ghost is up and running again - between the two of you, there is enough other worldly stuff to keep us all on our toes - did you ready Marty's experiences? yikes!

Raph G. Neckmann said...

Cleaning?!

It's best done as a kind of game, and then you don't know you're doing it! Like drawing pictures in the dust, and then wiping them away to create new ones. Much more fun than when it's called 'dusting' ...

Lyn said...

Hi Raph-
I certainly agree with you..but I feel that way about most things!!

Lyn said...

Jeane-
Milo is on my pillow, too tired to push him off.
Really, this spook thing could go on..probably will!

Kat Mortensen said...

I cheated. I'm not supposed to be doing this, but when I read your e-mail, I had to sneak a peak. You made me choke on my tea! (That line about your neighbour was classic!)

Please send your "merry maids" my way with great haste; the cat fur is piling up and I think we've acquired a 5th in my absence. (Nope, it's just a giant furball.)

Cleaning Windows. Ha!

Kat

P.S. I think Raph's been watching "Mary Poppins" again.

Lyn said...

Kat-
Sorry to hear that you choked on your tea, but we who go for laughs are shameless.
I'm about to collect some Milo DNA now. If I didn't have a cat, you can well imagine how often I'd clean. Hi-ho, hi-ho....

Unknown said...

Since I just cleaned the 6 rooms downstairs yesterday, and plan to clean the 7 rooms upstairs today, I'm exhausted just thinking about it all!

Wish I could clean like you do and feel good about it.

Unknown said...

Hi Lyn,

At least you make it entertaining! Anyone who enjoys cleaning is wierd! What is your neighbour leaning out for??

Like the new spooky header! Does she have your napkin?

Lyn said...

Gaston-
Cleaning and writing about cleaning are really my little joke!
..how lovely to have so many rooms- Good for you..Now go lie down!!!

Derrick-
What do you mean, why was he leaning out? For me of course!!!..only kidding!
Thanks about the header, I keep summoning up these ghosties, don't I?

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

What a fantastic blog you have going here Two Ghosts, just lovely!!. I followed you over from A Cuban in London...I hope that you don't mind?
If you have a moment or two of your life that you'd care to waste, please visit me at my blog and say hello :)
Take good care and.......

Steady On
Reggie Girl

Lyn said...

Hi Reggie Girl-
Thanks so much for stopping by and for your comments..it's always interesting to find new bloggy friends!

A Cuban In London said...

This was such a lovely, humorous post Thanks for lightening up my Monday.

Greetings from London.

Anonymous said...

Greetings to A Cuban...
Always happy to lighten up anyone's day, mine included! Thank you...

Lyn said...

A Cuban-
I absolutely am not anonymous!
How does that happen??

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin