Thursday, March 11, 2010

WE WON !!

                                       sydwalker.info

VICTORY AT LAST...Yes, winning is better than losing!  For those of you who have been sitting on the edge of your seats, wondering if the APARTMENT WARS will come to a fair conclusion, I'm absolutely thrilled to inform you that the people have won!!

The dispute between my landlord and Con Edison has come to an amicable conclusion.  BECAUSE the landlord changed the name of the company, Con Ed got confoosed.  I can't say I blame Con Ed, because when I called the landlord, I listened to a recorded message, new name and all, that was totally garbled.  Imagine!  Has that ever happened to you?

So poor Con Ed, who can fault them for feeling betrayed by a company that has gone through a name change operation?  And informing me when I called them, that the POWER is liable to be turned off any minute.  A big contrast to the landlord, who, when finally reached, had this to say, "naahhh".

I look forward to this occurring again next year, when I'm sure that the games will continue.  And folks, thanks for all your cards and letters.  I needed that support.


http://www.minblu.blogspot/
http://twitter.com/lynxny

8 comments:

Salon Delucca said...

hurray!!!! you'll have to put your, oh so cute, 'freezing ass cold apartment' ensemble away until next year! xxo

Lyn said...

Hi Jeane-
Just as I was getting used to "the look"..Hope they straighten it out!

The Muse said...

Well alright!
Woooo Hooo...
Party time!
(of course quietly... (wink)

Lyn said...

Hi to The Muse-
Thank you...I do feel more secure now!

Unknown said...

Hi Lyn,

The landlord probably changed the name to avoid some other creditors!!!

Pity the outfit has to go back in the wardrobe!

Lyn said...

Hi Derrick-
Funny, but they took the rent under the old name..
Thanks for appreciating my style!!

Dick said...

Hi-
Since when is it an accomplishment to show more smarts than Con Ed? Seriously, you did some good work there.

Enjoy reading your poetry. Better than 95% of stuff that gets sent to me (5% is better than yours- once got an email from Ogden Nash).

If you're interested in cool photos, visit me at fullcircleone.com

Lyn said...

Hi Dick-
Thanks for visiting! It's good for the little guy to win sometimes...
Checked out your blog..very classy pics!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin