Wednesday, January 13, 2010

CHOCLAT SIN..#9

I'd say that this is one of the simplest indulgences to prepare. Frankly, I'd just as soon scoop some peanut butter onto a spoon, top it with luscious, melted dark chocolate and then lick the whole thing till I can see my face in the shining bowl.
x
But no! I know that you folks are not as simple as I, and so you actually crave and deserve a recipe. This one's next best to eating out of the jar.
x
x
CHOCOLATE AND PEANUT BUTTER PAN COOKIES
x
3/4 cup chunky peanut butter
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
2 cups all purpose baking mix ( Bisquick or similar)
1 (12 ounce) package dark chocolate bits, divided
x
Stir together peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla in large bowl.
x
Stir in brown sugar until mixed. Add baking mix and 3/4 cup morsels, stirring until just moistened. Spread mixture in a lightly greased 15x10 inch jelly roll pan.
x
Bake at 325 deg. for 20 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from oven, and sprinkle evenly with remaining 1 1/4 cups morsels; let stand 5 minutes or until chocolate melts. Spread melted chocolate evenly over top. Cut into squares or triangles.
x
Yield: About 24 pieces
x
x
http://www.minblu.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/lynxny


18 comments:

Kat Mortensen said...

Honestly, I think this is my favourite combination in the whole world *heading to cupboard for a piece of dark to dip into the organic crunchy stuff*

This is a keeper! Thank you!

Kat

Raph G. Neckmann said...

Oh yummy! I do love peanut butter, but I've not had it with chocolate as far as I remember. We often eat it in our porridge!

Lyn said...

Hi Kat-
Why do I agree with you? Always have some on hand!

Lyn said...

Hi Raph-
You must try it with chocolate..
definitely intend to have it tomorrow morning with my oat meal..is that porridge?

Kat Mortensen said...

That will certainly jazz up your oatmeal/porridge!

Lyn said...

Hi Kat-
I'll let you know how I liked it!What's not to like?

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

This is one dangerous recipe...wow, I could bake and eat the whole thing...instead I'll take the occasional danger and dip my spoon into the peanut butter/topped with a touch of chocolate. I'm copying the recipe in case I change my mind!ha
Mary Ann

Lyn said...

Hi Mary Ann-
You are funny..you can have it all!! I think you will..

rallentanda said...

I love sweets but I have never made them...just eat too many.
These Chocolate Sins look good.
We have an ice cream here called
'Death by Chocolate'...it is truly
well named.

Tess Kincaid said...

Oh. Yum. You're getting incredibly sinful here.

Jeane Myers said...

I wish I'd never seen this and why I didn't think of it, I will never know - so simple - I'm undone - if I have to prepare, it doesn't happen, but now, just a little scoop and dip - sigh xxo

Lyn said...

Hi rall-
I like to make sweet things, and nibble at them..I make a dessert that I call Death by Chocolate/ a flourless, intense sort of cake that I roll with whipped cream, a sort of anti-jelly roll!

Lyn said...

Hi Willow-
I go as far as I can go!

Lyn said...

Hi Jeane-
I'm always happy to make life easier for my friends!! Scoop away!

Unknown said...

Hi Lyn,

I thought this was a choc-topped coffee/caramel icecream when I saw the thumbnail but peanut butter is also good! It's years since I had any.

Lyn said...

Hi Derrick-
I like your version too. Time to try PB again! It only gets better!

Rick said...

And it tastes so much better than Slim-Fast!

Lyn said...

Hi Rick-
Thank you...I tried that once and had an upset tummy for 2 days! Never again..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin