Wednesday, January 6, 2010

CHOCLAT SIN..#8

One for you, one for me!
x
x
THE BEST OF THE BEST FOR LAST...TOP TEN CHOCOLATES OF 2009!
Warning: It's going to cost you in calories and moola!!
x
1. Godiva/ Dark Lion of Belgium...Butterscotch caramel in a dark chocolate shell.
x
2. Godiva/ Raspberry Caramel Duet...tart raspberry caramel layered over caramel, in dark chocolate shell.
x
3. Payard/ Masterpiece I...Box of your choice: Degas/ Dark and milk chocolate ganache with coffee beans. Picasso/ Dark chocolate ganache infused with Earl Grey Tea. Palet d'Or/ Vanilla rum ganache covered with dark chocolate...plus half a dozen others too fab to miss.
x
4. XOX Truffles/ Storefront in San Francisco, North Beach/ traditional hand made chocolate truffles. Listed in "Chocolatier" as one of top 10 chocolates.
x
5. La Maison du Chocolat/ Coffret Maison Dark/ Assortment: dark chocolate, ganache, praline, creations fron Paris' best. In NYC...4 locations/ Madison Ave, Rockefeller Center, Wall St.,
5th Ave. Plan your next visit overindulging in chocolate!
x
6. Romanicos Chocolate/ Most decadent chocolate truffles, handmade! Custom Chocoholics Box, not cheap. Located in Miami...air conditioned, so you won't melt. Neither will the chocolate!
x
7. Vosges Chocolates/ Extra special chocolate combined with Mexican chili, or blood oranges, or pumpkin, or hazelnut, or honey, or caramel, etc. Top seller/ Mo's Bacon Chocolate Chip Pancake Mix. In NYC...at Bergdorf Goodman. Oh, don't forget chocolate marshmallows.
x
8. MarieBelle/ In NYC, Soho...at Broome St. Tea Salon that brings to mind the cafes of Paris, Vienna, Budapest. Delicate, handmade with the finest cacao. Flavors such as saffron, cardamom, lemon, spices. Try Aztec Hot Chocolate in 4 flavors...Original/ dark/ mocha/ spicy. Don't try to resist.
x
9. Jacques Torres/ Watch chocolate being made by the famous Jacques at Water St. in Brooklyn, and at Hudson St., in NYC. Interior of shop is designed to look like you're inside an enormous cacao pod! I've died and gone to heaven!
x
10. Lindt Chocolate/ A special salute to a popular brand..and my fav. Intense Orange Bar/ dark chocolate, orange pieces, almond slivers. Buy it anywhere...I do, and carry it for my next fix! Nothing fancy shmancy here, $3.50 a pop!
x
You can Google any of these sites..no harm in looking!!
Disclaimer: I do not get a kickback from this compilation! Why not?

Here's looking at you!
x
x
http://www.minblu.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/lynxny

12 comments:

A Cuban In London said...

First of all, congrats on your new header. It's classy and beautiful.

Secondly, loved the image heading your post today. Personally, I like my fine chocolates to be on the petite side I have been known to devour an enormous amount of Belgian chocolate Haagan Dazs, but when it comes to dessert at a dinner party, balance is the word. And your chocolate shells are the perfect solution.

Many thanks.

Greetings from London.

Anonymous said...

Ok now I am a known Chocoholic! You would not think so to look at me but I do NOT lie. Really I am. But I have to tell you out of all the chocolate that has caressed my lips, English Chocolate is the best! Hands down! *whispers* but I am also kinda bias!

Lyn said...

Greetings to a Cuban-
Thank you..it's always fun looking for a new header..
Now, I, even though petite, am also known as a devourer of huge amounts of chocolate..in fact I defy physics!! I salute your good taste!

Lyn said...

Hi SarahA-
There are so many of us around! I appreciate all tips to further my habit..thank you so much!

Jeane Myers said...

mmmmm,thanks, I needed that! love your new header xxo

Lyn said...

Hi Jeane-
Thanks..How about MarieBelle in Soho when you come to NY? OK? Oh, yummm...

Jeane Myers said...

yes, please, more then once xxo

Lyn said...

Hi Jeane-
OK..I'm making a list!! Endless...

Unknown said...

Hi Lyn,

Really I think you OUGHT to be able to provide samples of these delicacies. Otherwise it's just NOT FAIR! And although the rest of the world shies away from British chocolate (Cadbury's), there's SOMETHING about it.

And I like your new header too but think I forgot to mention it last time!

Lyn said...

Hi Derrick-
Sending thoughts of chocolate..they say that's what counts!
I get Cadbury's here..lined up next to all the others..
Thanks about the header!

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

I nearly fainted after reading number 8. Your research is beyond belief! Now that I know one of your pics is in San Francisco...my willpower is melting away...like smooth shiny ganache! ha

Lyn said...

Hi Mary Ann-
Let your willpower melt with the chocolate! All in a good cause...thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin