Monday, January 18, 2010

Painting...

Vermeer
x
ISN'T IT FUNNY WHEN someone says exactly what you would have said, if only you'd gotten there first? Maybe ideas float through space. D.T. SUZUKI...caught this one...wrote it down..now it's mine, now it's yours....
x
" A wonderful painting is the result of the feeling in your fingers. If you have the feeling of the thickness of the ink in your brush, the painting is already there before you paint. When you dip your brush into the ink you already know the result of your drawing, or else you cannot paint. So before you do something, "being" is there, the result is there. Even though you look as if you were sitting quietly, all your activity, past and present, is included, and the result of you sitting is also there".
x
Maybe life is deja vu', all over again. As the great philosopher, Yogi Berra once said!
x
x
http://www.minblu.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/lynxny

14 comments:

Tess Kincaid said...

This is exactly what I love about the blogging community!

Lyn said...

Hi Willow-
Looks like we were leaving comments on eachother's blog at the same moment...hmmm..that's what I like!!

Salon Delucca said...

such a beautifully said 'truth'- now it is mine xxo

Lyn said...

Hi Jeane-
Thank you..I knew this was for you! Art is always in you....

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Yes, it's all out there...thank you for this one!

Lyn said...

Hi Mary Ann-
Thank you..And you sure do make good use of it!!

Raph G. Neckmann said...

How very interesting - I shall ponder this!

Lyn said...

Hi Raph-
Thank you..
It's in us! All of it, all we have to do is start!!

Unknown said...

Hi Lyn,

I wish you'd mentioned this earlier, then I could have had a couple of masterpieces done already!

So, it's all there, in the ink, ust waiting? Well, I'll be!

Lyn said...

Hi Derrick-
But you have done your "masterpiece" or so much good work, already!! The "ink", is there,to make visible your intention!
Perhaps a good coffee house discussion...

Unknown said...

Have been away from blogging for a couple of weeks, so trying to catch up.

This, too, is what I love about blogging! I so hope I'll be a fine artist in my next life.

Lyn said...

Hi Jane-
Welcome back!
Perhaps if we practise in this life we'll be more talented in the next..yes, let's get going!!

Blue Violet said...

What a lovely way to understand a work of art. If only my fingers would awaken...

Nice to meet you, Lyn. Caught you on my blog. :)

Lyn said...

Hi Blue Violet-
It was indeed serendipitous to find you on "next blog"..
sometimes I think we just have to start..and it goes somewhere...art, life!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin