Saturday, January 2, 2010

OVER !!

I THINK IT'S TIME TO JUMP OUT OF THE HOLIDAY BOX. Forget the swine flu..I'm running a very high cabin fever. Time to stop sulking because I got one bauble less than perfection. It's the thought that counts, and I'm more than grateful to have collected so many.
x
I've spent one day too many in the yoga position aptly named "couch potato". Thankfully TV Marathons and Memorial Tributes are trickling to an end. My tear ducts are just about drying up. I get weepy for the worthy and scoundrels alike, those who've passed this mortal coil. Don't get me wrong, I'm as fond of Walter Cronkite as the next person. Also, I wonder if it's all that necessary to have day long, night long marathons of "Law & Order". Programmers, please take note..."L&O" is on every day, every night, on a Mobius Strip, for eternity, going back to when Sam Waterston had black hair. A special marathon seems oxymoronic to me. And yet I can't quit it. Also marathons for shows that just debuted in October, are being given all-nighters. Oh, puhleeeze!
x
If your moon is in the 5th House of Fun, like mine, you've got to get out there and shake it up! So pull that last strand of tinsel off the cat, sweep those pine needles out the door once more. Go, go, go...and smile at the first baby, you see! Happy New Year!!
x
http://www.minblu.blogspot.com

http://twitter.com/lynxny

14 comments:

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Laughing out loud...yes, enough with the tributes, the reruns...I too can't take it anymore! ha
I'm ready for fresh air...actually tired of my scented candles, chocolate and marshmallows...I'm serious, I'm thinking of sticking my head out the door and breathing in for a few minutes...that should do it for me! ha

Jeane Myers said...

LOL! Lyn, you always make me laugh! I don't know what house my fun is in, but getting out there is what life is about! Kick it! Lyn xxo

Lyn said...

Hi Mary Ann-
I have yet to progress to leaving my apartment..too much junk to get rid of, why did I start?
Maybe later??

Lyn said...

Hi Jeane-
I don't know about your house either, but for sure...you are FUN!
I will kick it..hope I can keep my balance!

rallentanda said...

Thanks for the laugh.Don't know how old you are but you remind me of the young me and you also have great taste in shoes.Get out there and smile at the first baby you see
(the bigger variety)and if you get an invitation to Cambodia or Vietnam throw caution to the winds and accept it!Plenty of time later on for 'Law and Order' when you turn into a big pumpkin.

Lyn said...

Hi rallentanda-
Intriguing..Some invitations are slow to arrive!! Will keep my eyes open..
Yes, red slippers are definitely my style...Thanks!

Unknown said...

Hi Lyn and a very Happy New Year to you!

Fun is important and you certainly bring your share along to the party! I look forward to reading more of your poetry, wise words and tributes during 2010. xx

Lyn said...

Hi Derrick-
Thank you...And a great New Year to you too!
Fun is all around, I'm here to spot it!! Will try to get serious soon!!

Tess Kincaid said...

It did feel good to be back on my normal routine, holiday laze behind. I still have to take down the tree, but saving that task until Saturday...or maybe even Ground Hog's Day, if I want.

Lyn said...

Hi Willow-
Why not Groundhog Day? You're in charge! I like the decoration part the best..let's just see how far we can go!!

Aleks said...

Well,tomorrow is Orthodox Christmas and 13 of January Orthodox New Year
so you see,I have legitimate excuse to hang around little bit longer with or without pine tree but in a hazy mood.Happy New Year dear Lyn!
Wonderful writing again.
Aleksandra

Lyn said...

Hi ALeks-
Thank you..So nice to hear from you, dear..
Well enjoy your Christmas, I'm ready to start all over again! And wishing you blessings for the New Year.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Lyn andmany blessings be yours in 2010. Co-incidence. I just packed up the Chrissy decos just before opening the laptop and reading your post. Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment on my blog.

Lyn said...

Hi Sylvia-
Thank you, and blessings also to you..so good to meet you..and let's not forget fun!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin