Saturday, January 23, 2010

Dream...

DREAMING
x
Some dreams seem real,
a landscape where I blithely walk.
I had such a vision last night,
someone knocked at my door,
itself a gilt rococo rhombus,
splintering from age,
x
its scrolls and cliche' angels interwoven
and my friend Mary beckoned for me
to follow her to the door down the path,
which I did.
x
I found a portal, not too embellished,
knocked and waved to my friend
Jim, whose undulating tresses
flowed seductively
as the hair of a satyr should.
x
A real surprise,
but it was he, true enough
and not symbolic,
with a stance imperial,
like an ambassador-at-large
for mischief.
x
I should have known all along.
In my real life he's gone for good,
and my question is,
is my dream about yearning?
x
Wednesday's dream was another story,
all symbolic.
I had no form,
x
I seemed to be a sliver of paper,
scribbled upon
then crunched in a clenched fist
and thrown to the ground
where a gust of wind sent me airborne.
x
And my question is,
is my dream about longing?
x
x
@copyright/All rights reserved
x
http://www.minblu.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/lynxny

16 comments:

Linda S. Socha said...

Beautiful Lyn! I wonder about your interpretation!..
I too have these dreams and I love them.

In particular once I had a dream about my mother years after she had passed...we were visiting in the Swiss Alps...although neither of us had been there...
I saw her from a distance calling on an old public phone....I heard her say Linda as if I were standing next to her!. Wonderful experience
Linda

Unknown said...

Hi Lyn,

That you can remember your dreams at all is amazing. Writing poems about them is too!

Lyn said...

Hi Linda-
Thank you..interpretation..off the top of my head..I too dream of my Mom, and hear her voice..I sort of take it for granted!

Lyn said...

Hi Derrick-
Sometimes I sort of fill in my dreams..poetic licence, I guess! I think my subconscious and my dreams come from the same place...

rallentanda said...

I never realised people had such amazing poetic dreams.I dream very rarely and if I do it's usually an anxiety dream such as leaving the eggs boiling on the stove.I have never thought much about dreaming. I think the reason I don't dream when I'm asleep is because I'm in a dream practically the entire time I'm awake.

Lyn said...

Hi rall-
I agree about being in a dream..of course. Life is just a Maya..a great big B Movie dream...

Jeane Myers said...

I love dreams - I love the way the mind works when it's not inhibited - or maybe inhibited is the wrong word - maybe it's just a different way our mind works then when we are awake - hmmm, maybe I should just go to sleep because I don't think I'm making any sense - loved your poem xxo

Lyn said...

Hi Jeane-
Thank you..that's what I mean..no matter how weird the symbols, somehow we know we're in there! And going back to sleep..good idea!!

Unknown said...

Lovely poem about your dreams, Lynn, but only you will know their true meaning.

Lyn said...

Hi Jane-
Thanks..I think that just as dreams shift, so do meanings...I don't mind!!

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Loved your dream/poem...a great ride. Artistic license...poetic license how else does one get through these sweet days? ha

Lyn said...

Hi Mary Ann-
Thank you so much..As they say, life is short..art is forever!!

Tess Kincaid said...

You captured the essence of dreams perfectly, Lyn. Love this one!

Lyn said...

Hi Willow-
Thank you...
To "get" to dreams, I think we have to suspend our inhibitions...dreaming while awake!!

A Cuban In London said...

Extraordinary. It might well be about longing, but also about wanting affection. It lends itself to all kinds of interpretation.

Many thanks. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Greetings from London.

Lyn said...

Greetings to a Cuban-
Thank you...I think I always have to wait and see what the reader says. I accept the interpretation.
I myself think I'm putting words together with arbitrary meanings that may come together as a poem!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin