Friday, January 8, 2010

My Aura...

THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE CATS know what I mean when I say that I had the distinct feeling this morning that Milo was staring at my aura. Not at me, but something that may have been surrounding me, or perhaps clinging to me. I stared back and asked, "What"? Like I expect an answer. "What?", again. Hmmm, no answer. I can't get over that, that he knows something and won't tell me.
x
I did the best I could, I moved out of the room. Hopefully solved the problem. Must have. Milo went back to playing with some trash. Yes, but what does Milo know, and when did he know it?
x
I come from a long line of mystical speculators. In fact I even got around to publishing a book of poetry about a year ago called "Two Ghosts", chock full of poems with spooky undertones.
x
Last year I posted the following poem on my blog, sort of a reflection of my very early confrontation with the spectral. Here it is again.
x
SOUNDLESS
x
Late in the afternoon
as the sun swept its final glow
across the sky,
I sat in the kitchen
with a blue lined pad
arranging my homework for tomorrow.
x
No noise was heard
of footsteps approaching.
Then suddenly
my grandmother was at my side.
I gasped
in surprise again,
and wondered why
she made no sound.
x
Because, she said,
that's how we were in the village
where I was a child.
People floated when they wished to
and I learned their natural ways.
Not as high as the ceiling,
just inches from the floor.
x
I asked if they were ghosts.
She said no, not at all.
Ghosts
are able to do so much more.
x
x
"TWO GHOSTS"/poems/Lyn Rochelle
x
x















19 comments:

Tess Kincaid said...

You know this is right up my alley, Lyn. I've got to buy myself a copy! My daughter tells me I have a deep purple/blue aura.

Lyn said...

Hi Willow-
Thanks...Color of aura?..won't get that from Milo..cats are color blind, right?
Will post aura and chakra outlines very soon..also am Long Distance Reiki healer..work with both!

Unknown said...

I haven't been by in a while. Love that poem so much. Perfect for today.

Occasionally my cats do look a few inches over my head or to my right. I never even thought to consider th aura...I only thought of ghosts.

gerry boyd said...

Interesting post. Thanks.

Lyn said...

Hi Corabela-
Nice to see you!! I too think its a ghost when my cat stares..he's not scared, so I'm not!

Lyn said...

Hi Gerry-
Thanks so much for stopping by!

rallentanda said...

Cats are so perceptive and smart.
They warn their owners of danger
and you would be well advised to pay attention to puss.Ours have alerted us to snakes and even a burglar in the house.I really understand why the Egyptians deified them and shaved their eyebrows as a sign of grief when they died.

Lyn said...

Hi rallentanda-
Thanks for visiting..would really like to find your blog one of these days..
I hold the ancient Egyptians in the highest esteem..they were ahead of everyone..and the famous cat sculpture, in a class by itself.

rallentanda said...

My blog is
http://rallentanda.blogspot.com

It is all black and white,no photos
and only poetry.I do all my chit chat in verse.

I'm new to blogs and I'm also technologically challenged so photos and all the fancy schmancy stuff is beyond me.

Call in by all means and please
shut the gate when you leave!

Deedee said...

Oh Lyn - Mystical speculator - that descibes me to a tee. Cats and dogs are definitely in tune with the unseen. I only wish I could see everything that they do.

Lyn said...

Hi DeeDee-
Welcome back! I think we can see what cats and dogs see, but we just have to peel away the garbage!We're over-conditioned.

Kat Mortensen said...

Nice poem, Lyn - very thought-provoking. Of course, with not two, but FOUR cats in the house, we are constantly in the company of our auras. Actually, we are certain that Blanche can detect poltergeists.

Lyn said...

Hi Kat-
Thank you. I want to clean up my karma, and come back as a very pampered cat, with all the powers we know they have.
Our cats..they do rule the world, right?

Jeane Myers said...

I love love this poem Lyn - I have to say I've read it more then several times xxo

Lyn said...

Hi Jeane-
Thanks so much...I will tell you that my Russian grandmother was a spooky lady, told me stuff like this..but also baked to beat the band!!

Anonymous said...

I will not acquiesce in on it. I assume polite post. Particularly the appellation attracted me to study the sound story.

Lyn said...

Hi Anonymous!!!!
Thank you..it is what it is!!!!

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

Lyn said...

Hi Anonymous-
I don't really get what you're saying but I thank you anyway..why not come out so that we can see who you are?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin