Monday, February 9, 2009

On the Trail



















FROM:
xxx
DOWNHILL
xxx
xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx.....I talk to my bones
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxbefore I start,
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxbegging
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxthe warm marrow
xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxnot to turn to ice.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxStanding at the peak
xxxxxxxxxx on locked knees
xxxxxxxxxx I pat down my orange parka,
xxxxxxxxxx already damp with sweat,
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxand swing into an awkward plie'.
x
xxxxxxxxxx My trail is empty again.
x
xxxxxxxxxxxI take it and dream my way down,
xxxxxxxxxxxskiing new powder,
x xxxxxxxxx going past a few tracks that cut
xxxxxxxxxxxthe hill on the traverse.
x
xxxxxxxxxx xI whisper a caution now and then
xxxxxxxxxxxto shadows rushing past me......
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxfrom / Two Ghosts/ poems/Lyn Rochelle
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxto order:
call 888-795-4274 ext. 7876
http://www.xlibris.com/ http://www.amazon.com/
http://www.bn.com/ http://www.borders.com/
at your bookstore

11 comments:

Kat Mortensen said...

You are a brave soul! I love the line: "I whisper a caution now and then..."

I wish we could format with some kind of variety in blogger. It detracts somewhat when it's just straight up and down, doesn't it?

Kat

Anonymous said...

Kat-
My courage keeps diminishing..but thanks.
Formatting!! I'm sometimes amazed at what I get!!!

Linda S. Socha said...

I love this one. I especially love the way the words sway and flow...just as if the reader is the traveler!
Great poem...Lovely post
LOinda

Jeane Myers said...

dream my way down - I love that and also the same line that Poetikat - I whisper a caution

Anonymous said...

Linda-
Exactly right..The thing was to be in the action..thanks so much.


Jeane-
To me skiing is a meditation..with a bit of fear!!!
Thank you.

Raph G. Neckmann said...

'A meditation ... with a bit of fear!' I like that. And the 'dream my way down' phrase.

I've never been on skis, I think I prefer just to read about it!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Raph-
I think I'm with you now, ready to sit it out. But it really is so freeeee!!!
Thank you....

Marie Reed said...

What a vibrant and emotionally charged poem Lyn!

Anonymous said...

Marie Reed -
You are more than kind..thank you so much

Unknown said...

I Really liked this too, Lyn. I have never ski-ed but know the first two verses would apply!! And I would still be glued to the spot!

Anonymous said...

Derrick-
Skiing is definitely something to start when you're 5!
Sitting down now !!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin