Sunday, October 23, 2011

MAGPIE/ Prompt #88


                                          Lee Friedlander/ from America by Car

THANKS TO TESS at Magpie Tales for this exciting photo...so inspirational!!


LOOK OUT!

Look up,
look down,
look out!
There comes a bicycle courier
in my mirror,
dropped his duffel,
screeching taxi hits the curb,
splashes glop onto the window!
Don't open the door,
you'll hit the ice cream man!
We'll stop later...
Now?
Pull over,
I'll take a chocolate,
Mr Softee.

Ring your bell,
play that tune,
I'm a Broadway Gypsy now,
watch me kick and tap.
Is this the crossroads of the universe?
Here comes another shooting star...
a Rockette twirls into view,
grabs my breath,
heads for the top.
Her looks can kill.
Lights on, lights out,
I'm in the dark,
stagehand pushes me,
hey sweetie, take a bow.

I'm here,
Times Square!
Tomorrow's another day.
Look out!


copyright/ all rights reserved/ 2011


http://www.minblu.blogspot.com
http://www.twitter.com/lynxny

24 comments:

Maggie said...

I love the pace of this piece! Fits the prompt perfectly.

JJ Roa Rodriguez said...

i feel like my way of what's happening on my driving lesson esp with my instructor that i cannot clearyly understand... hahaha...

love this!

JJRod'z

Lyn said...

Hi thingy-
I too felt the rhythm of this pic...thanks!

Lyn said...

Hi JJ-
I did want a sort of dizzy pace..typical NY...thank you!

Brian Miller said...

whew...that second stanza gets a bit surreal and the pace rapid...lots of things coming at you fast in this piece...

Berowne said...

Excellent. For another take on the same city, drop by...

Martin said...

My head is spinning. Thanks!

Lyn said...

Hi Brian-
Welcome to NY...10 things happening at once! A bit distracting! ha...

Lyn said...

Hi Martin-
I had that in mind! Thank you...

Lyn said...

Hi Berowne-
Will definitely drop by...not every day is like this!! Thanks...

Tumblewords: said...

This well crafted piece has the static and rhythm of The City - I can feel it from start to finish...

Lyn said...

Hi Tumblewords-
Most kind of you..I did sort of let a stream of consciousness take me along...

Helen said...

If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere .... oh yeah!

Lyn said...

Hi Helen-
Oh, you'll make it here...easy!thanks...

Isabel Doyle said...

very fast!

Lyn said...

Hi Isabel-
Every day! I must get away!! Thanks...

Chronicles of Illusions said...

great write - excellent

Maxwell Mead Williams Robinson Barry said...

love it,

it feels like you sit in your car, let the eyes take the surroundings and your thoughts fly in all directions.

perfectly fun read.

Lyn said...

Hi Jo-
Thanks so much for your kind words..

Lyn said...

Hi Morning-
That's really true..going in 10 directions at once...thank you!

The Blog of Bee said...

Everything rapidly going around at once - great city, great poem, great pace.

Lyn said...

Hi Bee-
Every day!! Thanks so much for your kind words!

Caddoc Trellis said...

A manic atmosphere well caught here! Great Magpie.

Lyn said...

Hi Caddoc-
Thank you..I'm glad you found the crazy energy!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin