Thursday, July 15, 2010

Trick of the Light...

                                                                                                           Punchatz


TRICK OF THE LIGHT

A torch seemed to shine from within,
appeared to erase her years at times
so that each turn of her head
was like a kaleidoscope
breaking into a new arrangement.

She was fond of saying,
"It's a trick of the light".

But it was a charlatan's game she played,
knowing how to change her face.
A rosy bloom appeared
upon her silken cheek,
yet a passing cloud pleated her skin
to a withered age.

She found another like herself,
a face in chiaroscuro.
A bogus youth,
a unicorn,
deceiving with intention,
forever young.


@copyright/all rights reserved/ 2010


http://www.minblu.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/lynxny

8 comments:

Sheri said...

this is fantasy at its best, lyn...you made me hunt down my websters in order to find out what chiaroscuro meant ;) your work is AMAZING, you arrange words as if they were precious jewels, gathered from the four corners, and crafted into one exquisite piece, never before seen!

Lyn said...

Hi sheri-
You certainly know how to make a gal feel special!! Thanks so much..

Unknown said...

Hi Lyn,

All seemingly so innocent, yet something darker lurks. I'm not sure I like the sinister inner being for the man in the image! Great wordsmithery!

Lyn said...

Hi Derrick-
Thank you..well, I don't much care for him either..but he's sort of a match for her..no??

Tess Kincaid said...

Ah, yes, I'm always saying it's just "smoke and mirrors"! Love the word chiaroscuro from my old art school days. Nice piece, Lyn.

Lyn said...

Hi Willow-
Yes, me too, chiaroscuro, from art school..makes me feel "authentic"! ha...

Carrie Van Horn said...

This is an amazing poem. Your use of words is flawless. I always enjoy your poetry! :-)

Lyn said...

Hi Carrie-
How lovely to hear from you..I so appreciate your encouraging words!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin