Sunday, December 29, 2013

MAGPIE...Prompt #200


                                                      SELF PORTRAIT/ Francis Bacon     

THANK YOU , Tess...for all the Mags...at Magpie Tales



BEFORE THE MURDER

This is me in front of the door,
the one where ghosts hesitate to glide,
and you said that was my portal of passage.

Little did I know.

Remember the day i plunged down the stairs,
and you said what more?
As if you had been hurt, not I?

Don't wish me bad I said,
but you laughed and whispered,
kill you most likely.

What more can befall me,
paintings building up in the corner,
stains bleeding onto the canvas,
sited where pain was lodged.

You want to know 
how much will they pay
for the further torture of your eyes.

I didn't mean for my art to please,
I didn't mean for my life to please.
I should have embraced, "smile please,"
instead of painting hell stinging the canvas,
the snake of Eden slithering out of the tube.

Now you see me with my soul intact,
before you struck your blow,
and couldn't tell that I was smiling.


copyright/all rights reserved/ 2013

http://www.minblu.blogspot.com
http://www.twitter.com/lynxny


Let's have a Happy New Year!!

22 comments:

Kathe W. said...

oh man- this is an amazing poem to read...and to me it's very painful for the soul who wrote it.

Lyn said...

Hi Kathe W.-
Such an interesting comment..glad to say no pain at all...but real empathy... and I like my fantasies! Thank you and best wishes!!

Berowne said...

Expertly inventive; beautifully written.

Lyn said...

Hi Berowne-
Thank you so much...very nice...this poem was out there, waiting for me..ha...Best wishes for the New Year!!

Jinksy said...

A chilling tale sparked from a bland photo...

Lyn said...

Hi Jinksy-
Thanks...for me Bacon always morphs into that state of mind...

Best!!

Anonymous said...

layered and provocative ~ M

humbird said...

Sound with such fleur of intimacy and passion! You went within their bond, if I could say...:) Happy New Year, Lyn!

Brian Miller said...

this is a very cool write...it hits us with the unexpected....the pay for the torture of the eyes....the never meaning for the life to please, the art to please...i found that part quite evocative...

Tess Kincaid said...

Several years ago I slipped and broke my foot in the portal area of Willow Manor...what is it with these ghosts...

Truedessa said...

Wow, interesting take on the prompt,
dark & haunting.

Lyn said...

Hi grapeling-
So happy to welcome you..and thanks so much!

Lyn said...

Hi humbird-
I like what you said..I did go within their bond...Thanks..

Lyn said...

Hi Brian-
That Bacon..he always shakes me up..thanks for the succinct comment...and best for the New Year...

Lyn said...

Hi Tess-
You came to the right person...next time, open the door first! ha...
More power to you!

Lyn said...

Hi Truedessa-
As can be seen, Bacon does grab me..thanks so much!

Other Mary said...

Wow - I feel like this could be a movie.

Lyn said...

Hi Other Mary-
Now if we could only get Scorcese to direct..thanks and best wishes!

Helen said...

Lyn, I so enjoy your writing ... Happy New Year!

Lyn said...

Hi Helen-
How kind of you..thanks..and a very Happy New Year to you!

~T~ said...

Ooh, chilling! Happy new year!

Lyn said...

Hi ~T~
Oh, thank you..just what I want! Best and Happy New Year!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin