Monday, December 16, 2013

MAGPIE...Prompt #198


                                         THE ICE CUTTERS/ 1911/ Natalia Goncharova


THANK YOU, Tess....for Magpie Tales...


COLD

I'm so cold without you.
My heart,
no longer a red fist
directing our traffic,
is lying in state.

My quiver is full of shards
that will kill,
if I release them.

Yet I pester to shake loose
from the ice house.

Once again,
waiting for your touch
to thaw my wintry blood.

I'll melt,
flow
into a wave of celebration.


Copyright/ all rights reserved/ 2013


http://www.minblu.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/lynxny

10 comments:

21 Wits said...

Merry is, the heart that loves!

Lyn said...

Hi Karen S.
Without a doubt..thank you!!

Helen said...

You turned cold into warmth ... a love poem. Nice, Lyn.

Lyn said...

Hi Helen-
Thanks...warmth is always better for me!

Kathe W. said...

"I'll melt,
flow
into a wave of celebration."

ah yes! like slipping into a tub of warm water! Cheers and thanks for all your nice comments thru the years!

Lyn said...

Hi Kathe W-
Who can top those words?...writing is a blessing, for sure..thank you so much!!

Tess Kincaid said...

The heart as a red fist...oh how I love that...

Lyn said...

Hi Tess-
Can always count on you...in so many ways..Happiness to you and all those Prompters!!

Silent Otto said...

Sounds like she could be a double edged Damocletian sword ! Merry Xmas Lyn

Lyn said...

Hi Kutamun-
I agree...she does cut a wide swathe!! Thanks and Happy Holidays..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin