Sunday, December 1, 2013

MAGPIE...Prompt #196


                              
THANK YOU, Tess...Magpie Tales


COINCIDENCE

Either odd or expected, coming face to face with this week's Magpie photo.

I love ravens.  My daughter loves ravens.  We dont know why.  This week's Magpie pic seems to be of my daughter.  The image of her.  Cannot be.  But that raven wing...she might just say yes to that.

So she loved my poem last week.  She always loves my stuff.  We do that for each other.  And she comments.  Thanks, Dori.  She writes a blog for Huff Post.  Doesn't accept comments.  What class!

Last week I ended my Mag #195 with a raven eruption.  My daughter reminded me of the raven that flew down our chimney, years ago, at the ski house.  Once we were posh.

I do that a lot, get ahead of myself, project, predict.  Seems last week's poem, "Privilege", stood at attention, sort of waiting for this weeks picture to arrive.  Nice trick, Tess.  But I wrote that last week.  This is how the poem ended..

                " I'm hoping that my wings
                  will be a Raven's."

I do play a psychic game, coming up with the slightest glimpse of tomorrow.  Still, after all these years.  It's natural.  it just is.  I did it for years.  For fame and fortune.  Shhh.  Short on the fortune part.  Come to think of it, what fame?

Still like it when odd "coincidences" occur.


Copyright/ all rights reserved/ 2013

http://www.minblu.blogspot.com
http://www.twitter.com/lynxny

18 comments:

Tess Kincaid said...

Love this Lyn...I'm psychic too you know...

dori said...

hey...I'm writing this from the past, what?

Love it. Good to see you write other than poetry, and nice to see the interesting Lyn-like rhythm that flows in your prose.

I'm perched for the next one! Raven on!
D

Lyn said...

Hi Tess-
Thanks so much...I knew that!!

Lyn said...

Hi dori-
Thanks, Raven Girl! I do like prose,too. Can't help being me..

Silent Otto said...

Synchronicity , as Mr Jung called it, time is not what we think....these Ravens are harbingers , i always know a synchronicity is about to happen when i see one.....of course you are still posh !

hyperCRYPTICal said...

Clever enjoyable write - here's to premonition (and wings).
Anna :o]

Lyn said...

Hi Kutamun-
Thanks..definitely with you on synchronicity...Jung's intro to the I Ching changed my life!

Lyn said...

Hi hyperCRYPTICal-
Thank you...oh yes, to wings!

Helen said...

Fascinating prose from Ms. Lyn today .. or should I call you Ms. Raven?

21 Wits said...

Speaking of being psychic, or not, perhaps more of chance, if you will, but it immediately seemed to me, that this week's image had so much more behind it. Like it was filtered through the waves of reality and one's thoughts. I wrote my reflection once the white box opened up, but I knew within my bones that there would be so much more to come about. As this loving prose, of life-sense between mother and daughter, evermore!

humbird said...

I feel your passion, Lyn. I also like coincidences and synchronicity.
Cheers!

Kathe W. said...

synchronicity strikes again!

Lyn said...

Hi Helen-
Thank you...I agree, maybe a new Raven header!

Lyn said...

Hi Karen S.-
Evermore, indeed. Sometimes things have such an undercurrent..can't be denied..thanks!

Lyn said...

Hi humbird-
Thank you...I love all the coincidences around us!!

Lyn said...

Hi Kathe W-
That's OK with me !! Thanks so much!!

The Sentinel said...

I would like the portent of a raven flying down the chimney. Even though I'm not sure yet what I would choose it to mean....

Lyn said...

Hi The Sentinel-
We left it open for Santa, and got a poor Raven instead. You never know! Thanks..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin