Thursday, May 26, 2011

DRUMBEAT


I LIKE THE PROMPTS put out by Poet's and Writer's Magazine.  Today...browse through your collection of photos, choose an image and write a poem inspired by it.  Being an Aries, to me that means, "NOW"!  And finish it immediately.  My DNA demands it.  Why not try it?

DRUMBEAT

Remember when I was more
than a silhouette,
not yet a specter?
You'd call my name
and I'd come to you.

Suddenly there'd be heat in the room,
we knew where it was going.

The walls
accompanied our sighs
with a drumbeat,

a hit song once again, perfect.

From that wired dimension
I danced along the divides,

enclosed by trickery,
not suspicious
that I had started to sift,

so unaware that my home
had always been an hourglass.

copyright/all rights reserved/ 2011


http://www.minblu.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/lynxny

11 comments:

Alan Burnett said...

That is about as good a definition of creativity as I have seen in a long time.

Bubba said...

Nicely done. Photos often prompt words from me as well, especially haiku.

If you like photo prompts, I have one every week and everyone is welcome to join in the fun: Monday Morning Photo Prompt

Lyn said...

Hi Alan-
Quite a nice thing to say, Alan..I so appreciate your comment...thanks!

Lyn said...

Hi Eric-
Thanks for letting me know about the Monday Prompt...that seems to be a jam packed prompt day..will certainly look in..Thank you...

Uma Anandane said...

Loved this one..well written :)

Unknown said...

awesome..
stay creative.

Unknown said...

In general, we write a poem, find an image to illustrate or reflect our work, Now, let’s go reverse, we provide you an image,

Invite you to contribute a poem or a short story based on the image you see,

Be creative,
Have fun!

Hope to see you in...

Bluebell Books!
Xoxox















appreciate your contribution on week 1, you rock.

Lyn said...

Hi Uma-
Welcome..so nice of you to drop by..thank you!

Lyn said...

Hi Bluebell Books-
Thanks for the encouragment..I appreciate your thoughts!

Margie said...

Just wonderful, Lyn.
Loved it!

Margie :)

Lyn said...

Hi Margie-
So pleased that you like this...thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin