Friday, May 13, 2011

Short Story Slam #1...


                                                           photo/ short story slam

GREAT IDEA...a Short Story Slam!!  An inspirational photo, and off we go...


HOT AIR
Paulie dear, I do give you full credit for coming up with that super name, "WE'VE GOT AIRS".  Balloons..air..why didn't I think of it?  By the way, babe, I'd like to know why the Department of Hot Air Balloons has sent a Man in Black to snoop around.  Seems they're looking for some guy, Doyle.  Disappeared.  Like I would know? 

Sit down and listen to me Paulie.  I sort of remember, way way back, some guy named Doyle was with the Balloon Goons, the Spy Division.  I only heard in passing.  He fooled around before the Satellites.  So I heard.  Skimming the rooftops of Moscow.  That's all I know.  They say he was the first to test the invisibility factor.  Never got caught.  He thought he was invisible.  Maybe he still is.  That's why nobody can find him now.

I don't know why you think that this frou frou wedding cake of a balloon is an espionage balloon.  I don't care what they whisper about me. This is my business.  I deliver Happy Birthday surprises.  Like the six strippers we just dropped off at the Playboy Mansion.  Guess they needed one more babe in that joint.  That's what I do Paulie, pick 'em up and drop'em off.  Surprise!

So funny that you think I might have anything to do with this I Spy nonsense.  Do you think the Heffner drop was a mission?  Did I leave my cloak and dagger lying around?

What do you mean you think you saw him lurking around here.  You can't know what he looks like.  I didn't think you'd ever heard of him.  I surely never saw him.  Never.  I was kidding about a Spy Division.  Comic book stuff.  Not for real. 

But if the Guy in Black asks you if you saw Doyle, it's best to say, Doyle, who's Doyle? 

copyright/all rights reserved/ 2011









26 comments:

Jingle said...

smart one,

Who is he? this is brilliant,
we human are intelligent enough to play around with words and win the game..

your story rocks.

:)

Lyn said...

Hi Jingle-
This was lots of fun to do! Let the game begin!! Thanks...

bendedspoon said...

Not only a great poet but a storyteller -- woot! :)

Lyn said...

Hi bendedspoon-
I'm humbled by your comment...wow..it's all the same to me, opening the gate...hoping there's something there!

mindsinger said...

That's my kind of short story! Great job!

Lyn said...

Hi mindsinger-
So glad you liked it..my sort, too!! Thank you...

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

It seems so easy when you spin these tales...this was fun to read!

MISH said...

Love the cloak-and-dagger stuff ! Full of suspense ...

Lyn said...

Hi Blue Sky...
Easy to read..not so easy to write..but I'm not complaining! Thanks so much..

Lyn said...

Hi MISH-
I too like a bit of intrigue..thanks!

Anonymous said...

Imaginative suspense provoking story piece. Glad you shared!

Maggie said...

Ooh, intriguing. Love it. : )

Lyn said...

Hi alivealways-
Welcome...glad you dropped by..love your name! Thanks...

Lyn said...

Hi thingy-
Something I like to try every now and then..thank you..

Anonymous said...

I very unique take on the prompt, Lyn--and very creative! What an idea--I enjoyed your story very much.

Margie said...

You wrote a great story!
Bravo!
Loved it, Lyn

Margie :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderfully inventive and fun, loved it!

trisha said...

wonderfully knitted story lyn. loved it.

Li said...

Like it - a fill-in-the-blanks mystery for the reader (the bit about the drop-off at the Playboy mansion made me chuckle).

Lyn said...

Hi bodhirose-
Thanks..it seems that I like the idea of a short story..

Lyn said...

Hi Margie-
Wow! I humbly accept your fab comment...thank you!!

Lyn said...

Hi roughwaterjohn-
What a great name! I thank you for your opinion..

Lyn said...

Hi trisha-
Thank you ..I'm really glad for your comment!

Lyn said...

Hi li-
Welcome..and thanks..was just trying to have some fun!!

Suz said...

rather a good story Lyn
glad I stopped by
and yes, let the game begin

Lyn said...

Hi Suz-
So glad you stopped by! And that peeps are thinking up new things to do!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin