Sunday, November 6, 2011

MAGPIE/ Prompt #90

                                                        Photo/ Tess Kincaid

FOR THIS WEEK'S Magpie Tales, Tess has presented us with this image...


THIS PLACE

I sleep a lot
in this limbo,
rise in ectoplasmic splendor,
at this place
of crowded gravestones.

I restrain myself
from frightening
a grieving mourner,
who weeps over
newly turned soil.

But mischief pulls me
to drape myself as smoke
across a granite memorial,
to form a cloudy
question mark.

With memory and yearning gone,
other wraiths, by habit,
rise with the moon,
to float on winter's air.

I stir, as if from a dream,
to wonder
what I'm doing here.


copyright/all rights reserved/ 2011

http://www.minblu.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/lynxny

21 comments:

phil said...

An eerie real fiction poem. Wunnerful.

~p

8^)

Lyn said...

Hi phil-
Good word, there...thank you so much!!

Isabel Doyle said...

A slippery customer - love the black smoke question mark!

Berowne said...

What an imaginative take on this week's prompt -- congrats.

Lyn said...

Hi Isabel-
Thanks..the invisible have a voice!!

Lyn said...

Hi Berowne-
Thank you..this plot needed thickening...!

Margaret said...

I stir, as if from a dream,
to wonder
what I'm doing here.


Ha! I wonder how many "ghosts" wonder that very same thing!

Lyn said...

Hi Margaret-
More than 50% wonder..the rest???
Thanks for your comment!!

Brian Miller said...

nice...i might be temted to play a bit in that afterlife...and the wondering at why you are here is a fitting question as well for one in this situation..

Maggie said...

"More than 50% wonder." : )

Poor ghosty. Made me sad.

Lyn said...

Hi thingy-
Thank you for the lovely comment(ghosty says thanks, too).

Lyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lyn said...

Hi Brian-
Definitely play in the afterlife! Celebrate...and thanks for your comment!

Helen said...

Absolutely ... one of my favorites this week.

Intelliblog said...

Very atmospheric and beautifully written!

Lyn said...

Hi Helen-
Wow..that is just great...thank you so much!!

Lyn said...

Hi Nicholas V.-
Really appreciate your comment..thanks!

hyperCRYPTICal said...

A clever enjoyable write.

Anna :o]

Carrie Van Horn said...

Wow Lyn this is so captivatingly written....beautiful! :-)

Lyn said...

Hi HyperCRYPTICal-
Thank you, Anna, I appreciate your comment...

Lyn said...

Hi Carrie-
What a lovely thing to say...thank you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin