Monday, May 10, 2010

MAGPIE/ Prompt #13

                                    photo/ willow/ magpie tales


Doesn't this grab you?  It does me!  Another great prompt from Willow at Magpie Tales.  Please check out the other participants..all found at the
Magpie Tales blog!


THIRD EYE

Kundalini, coiled,
sleeps on my spine
when I'm hushed
as a babe-in-arms,
beneath the quilt of night.

The alarm of dawn!
It's time again to rouse for first light.

God's snake,
watching over the immortal path,
waves and shakes its rattle,
slipping up the stirring channel
while earthly eyes
are still submerged in costumed dreams.

Awaken, eye of my soul,
the race is on.

Whose watch will rule the sunlight hours,
the one that sings the mantra
of ego delights,
and tries again
to etch a world perceived
through colored glass?

Or the one that gleams
with the indigo of oceans,
the azure of heaven,
unblinking,
open always to join all hearts,

time without end.
The eye of eternity
that knows what you really are.


c copyright/ all rights reserved/ 2010

http://www.minblu.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/lynxny

26 comments:

Evalinn said...

Nicely done! :-)

joanna said...

Lyn

This is an ethereal piece of poetry filled with a lightness not of this world; spiritually
refined. I felt like I was sailing in the celestial spheres.

Just heavenly - dream on my dear.

Joanny

Lyn said...

Hi evalinn-
Thank you for your comment!!

Lyn said...

Hi joanny-
I did feel as if I was floating along with this poem...thanks...

lucychili said...

love the shifting
visions

Lyn said...

Hi lucychili-
That's what happens when you have 3 eyes!! Thank you...

Brian Miller said...

love the mystical nature of your magpie...when it looks at me what does it see? i wonder?

Lyn said...

Hi Brian-
Guess we have to meditate on that!
thanks....

Tess Kincaid said...

"...the mantra of ego delights" wow...this is brilliant, Lyn. I LOVE this piece!!

Catalyst said...

Mystical, Lyn.

Lyn said...

Hi Willow-
I'm so pleased..I must say that I "got" this one right away..thank you so much!!

Lyn said...

Hi Catalyst-
Just my cup of tea! Thank you...

rel said...

Lyn,
A circadian poem. to live by the ebb and flow of gods time instead of.... Wait, we do whether we know it or not. Very Enya-esque.
rel

brenda w said...

The eyeball took you on an awesome journey....thanks for taking the world along.

I'm always a sucker for serpents in poetry. Nicely done!

Lyn said...

Hi rel-
So glad to be in agreement..
Whether we know it or not, of course!! Thanks so much!

Lyn said...

Hi brenda-
I took a path of least resistance with this one..and the snake led the way!! thank you...

Lisa said...

joanny, said exactly what came to my mind....ethereal, spritual, celestial. :)

Lyn said...

Hi Lisa-
Thank you..that's sort of my path..in a nutshell!

Tumblewords: said...

Terrific!

R. Burnett Baker said...

You've guided us to look within ourselves with this poem... We have answers to life's puzzles if we seek, but those answers watch over us nevertheless.

Rick

Unknown said...

Hi Lyn,

A great poem! I particularly like:
"while earthly eyes/are still submerged in costumed dreams."

Lyn said...

Hi Tumblewords-
Many thanks!!

Lyn said...

Hi Rick-
The answer is within, "or blowing on the wind"!! Thank you..

Lyn said...

Hi Derrick-
I'll take "great" any day! Thanks so much..
Also, have been working on your challenge..will try to post solution very soon!!

Everyday Goddess said...

this is absolutely beautiful! i love it!
xo

Lyn said...

Hi Everyday Goddess-
Thanks so much for your comment..very nice!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin