Wednesday, February 3, 2010

CHOCLAT SIN.. #12


IT'S NOT AS IF I RUSHED TO MAKE THIS LUSCIOUS DESSERT the second I layed eyes on it. I sort of spiritually absorbed it first. I liked the simplicity, the "no fuss" look of it.. and to call a pie "silk".... really appealed to me. Delighted when I stopped meditating on it and finally made it!
x
CHOCOLATE SILK PIE
X
7 ounces chocolate sandwich cookies (about 17 cookies)
4 tbls. unsalted butter, melted
2 cups heavy cream
6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
2 cups miniature marshmallows
3 tbls. sifted unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tbls. sugar
x
Preheat oven to 350 deg.F. Grind cookies in a food processor. Mix in butter until crumbs are moistened. Press into a 9 inch pie pan. Chill for 15 minutes. Bake until set, 10 to 15 minutes. cool on a wire rack.
x
In a saucepan over medium-low heat, stir 1/4 cup cream, chocolate and marshmallows until smooth, 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for 15 minutes.
x
Whip 1 cup cream until soft peaks form. Add cocoa, beat until stiff peaks form. Stir a third of whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Gently fold chocolate mixture into whipped cream. Spoon mixture into pie shell, smooth top. Chill and set at least 2 hours. Whip remaining cream with sugar and serve with pie. 8 servings.
x
If you'd like to drink a wine with this I suggest a light bodied red dessert wine such as Sandeman Porto Ruby.
x
x

12 comments:

rallentanda said...

Some lucky skinny sylphettes can eat all this delicious stuff.I'm spiritually absorbing several chocolate sin recipes Did you know you can gain weight from spiritual absorption?.

Lyn said...

Hi rallentanda-
Very funny! I do know that you can gain some weighty answers just by going.."Om"... Thanks!!

Butternut Squash said...

How do you know all my favorites?

Lyn said...

Hi Butternut-
Answer: I have my fingers on the pulse of chocolate lovers everywhere!!

Tess Kincaid said...

Father, forgive me, for I have, yet again, visited Two Ghosts and lusted over the chocolaty sins of Lyn Rochelle.

Lyn said...

Hi Willow-
Sister, I forgive you...you are totally absolved!! You may return next time...

Unknown said...

Hi Lyn,

It's a good thing that we get to enjoy these recipes in cyberspace or I should be needing the services of a dietician!

Lyn said...

Hi Derrick-
It's not as if I have more than just a nibble of this..I think that's the way to go! Offer some to the dietician!

Salon Delucca said...

mmmmmm, chocolate silk! - probably won't tackle it myself, but will search for one already to eat! yum, hope your boo boo bashed head is okay, xxo

Lyn said...

Hi Jeane-
Yes, buy one!
Boo boo is not so good..have to get a ct scan..yikes..then back to normal...ha ha..

alaine@éclectique said...

I usually skip over your Choclat Sin headings; I've always walked past cake shops not daring to look in! I've now gained another few pounds just for my sin of looking! Mmmm, delicious but I won't make it!

Lyn said...

Hi Alaine-
Once in a while a little temptation is OK..Please don't think that I'm really dipped in chocolate..I'm mostly dreaming too!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin