Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Three Poems

xxxxxxxxxxOLD GIRL
X
Cat is grown old,
and black fur
has new depths of grey
that catch
a drop of water
she splashes
from the chipped Wedgwood.
X
X

xxxxxxxxxxEXCUSE
X
I trip
running across the bare floor
as a splinter catches my heel
and I call out
x
Don't leave
because I am hurt.
X
X


XXXXXXXCOFFEE BREAK
X
The bone china cup
tips over
spilling tan coffee
x
into a puddle
that looks like Jesus
x
x
X
Post script:
All of these poems were written at least three years ago.
Already published in my book of poetry, "Two Ghosts".
No pictures attached. Just now, while browsing for some
appropriate pictures, you can imagine my surprise when
I stumbled upon the photo of the spilled coffee. Now how
can that be, ready made? What a confluence of energy!

15 comments:

Tess Kincaid said...

The Jesus coffee is my favorite. Guess it's happened before? :^)

Lyn said...

Hi Willow-
Always a pleasure to see you!
"Coincidence" has happened many times before..but I really love this one!

Kat Mortensen said...

I know it's everywhere, but I love that Steinlen picture! (Have a copy in my living room, close to the floor).

I'd like to see Jesus in my spills. The other day, I broke a dish full of basmati rice - no Mother Theresa, sadly.

Kat

Jeane Myers said...

I love the 'Excuse' - and the picture? of the Jesus coffee? cue the "twighlight Zone" theme music!

Lyn said...

Hi Kat-
How nice that you have the picture..I love it!
Today I dropped a bowl of cat chow...and miracle..Milo appeared!

Lyn said...

Hi Jeane-
Thank you!
Yes, some things just make you scratch your head and go "Huh"?

gerry boyd said...

Yes, Jesus coffee is as perfect as perfect can be. Bravo!

Lyn said...

Hi Gerry-
Thanks for your kind words..stuff sometimes is strange!

Deedee said...

Synchronicity, synchronicity (you WILL know synchronicity!)

A Cuban In London said...

'into a puddle that looks like Jesus'

I loved this line. I hope you don't burn in hell :-), otherwise I might join you, I am pretty heretic myself :-D! Brilliant writing. Many thanks.

Greetings from London.

Lyn said...

Hi Deedee-
Absolutely right!!In my neck of the woods, I am known as Ms.Synchronicity!! Thank you....

Unknown said...

Hi Lyn,

Kinda spooky huh?

I like "new depths of grey" in the black fur, as well as your Jesus coffee.

Lyn said...

Hi Natalie-
Thank you..I really enjoyed putting this together!

Lyn said...

Greetings to A Cuban-
You are so funny.. I'm not going to hell..I'm going to that big "coffee" house in the sky, where we can all sit around and BS!
Thank you..always...

Lyn said...

Hi Derrick-
Thank you..spooky is good.. as you probably know, I love
"coincidence", maybe God's way of telling us that she's there!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin