Sunday, June 30, 2013

MAGPIE...Prompt #175


                                                                        IMAGE by Musin Yohan


THANK YOU, Tess, at  Magpie Tales...


LEAVING

I'm still toiling,
my foot rooted mulishly in life,
each moment a crawl,
earth a strict master.

A stage in the round
mirrors my starts and stops.
Can that be a city of light
shimmering up ahead?

Within my heart,
a table is set
with salt and sugar in silver.
A bowl full up
with my time appears.
My mother stirs the healing broth.

A wafer of my soul
drops into cupping hands,
my last breath becomes dew.
Let God drink of me.


COPYRIGHT/ all rights reserved/ 2013


http://www.minblu.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/lynxny

20 comments:

Brian Miller said...

what an interesting look at the end...your mother stirring the bowl...the table set within your heart...the close has an interesting mirror to communion...

Lyn said...

Hi Brian-
Thanks so much, you sure got some highlights..and yes, communion.

dori said...

I was in tears before I even finished. This is one of your best, your most beautiful. *gasp*

Lyn said...

Hi dori-
Wow! Thank you! The beauty of the trip!

Silent Otto said...

This is a very good drop indeed ! , so intuitive

Lyn said...

Hi Kutamun-
I always depend on intuition, #1for me...thanks so much...

izzy said...

Love the broth and cupped hands-
Thanks for sharing-

Helen said...

This is rich, deep, dark, honest. Leaving ~~ never easy.

Helena said...

WoW! That is so profound, Lyn. A real heartfelt piece!

Little Nell said...

The starts and stops of the revolving stage that is life.

Unknown said...

Wonderful!

Lyn said...

Hi izzy-
Thanks so much for dropping by!

Lyn said...

Hi Helen-
Decided not to leave! Thanks so much...

Lyn said...

Hi Helena-
Thank you...this sort of existed, if you know what I mean!

Lyn said...

Hi Little Nell-
Yes, all the world's a stage! Thank you..

Lyn said...

Hi Jerry-
So glad you stopped by...thank you!

hyperCRYPTICal said...

"A wafer of my soul
drops into cupping hands,
my last breath becomes dew.
Let God drink of me."

Wonderful beautiful words - as are all.
Anna :o]

Lyn said...

Hi hyperCRYPTICal-
Thanks so much for your generous words!

Tess Kincaid said...

Let god drink of me...remarkable end...lovely write...

Lyn said...

Hi Tess-
Thanks so much...I so appreciate all you do!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin