Sunday, June 19, 2011

ECHOES/ Poetry Potluck #40



THIS WEEK'S Poetry Potluck #40  presents the theme of Void, Loneliness and Sorrow...something to plunge into...

 
ECHOES

In a hollow of echoes
I fling my voice into the the world,
first as a soft lilt,
cup my ear for the comeback,
like an old movie star
hoping to be revitalized.

I find the cadence
wasn't bracing enough
to bear return.
Next time, I emphasize the bass notes,
push them out into a parade.
Still not a sound comes back,
so I drive an octave higher.

Carrying my own torch,
dancing in its light,
I race to be in two places at once,
to impress,
look for someone to agree.

I listen for my name to bounce back,
returning like a shuttlecock
in the last championship game.

My own voice doesn't revisit.
Answer me, please,
I haven't ever
received a beckoning.

 
copyright/ all rights reserved/ 2011

 



12 comments:

Jingle said...

My own voice doesn't revisit.
Answer me, please,
I haven't ever
received a beckoning...

you remind me of true poetry, make me forget about life's troubles.

well done.
love your lines.

Lyn said...

Hi Jingle-
I always love your comments..you are so kind...so generous..thank you!

Reflections said...

Love the depth... the unanswered call of my voice. Very powerful.

Lyn said...

Hi Reflections-
Thank you for your lovely comment!

Anonymous said...

Incredible I love the beginning stanza. I am blown away

Lyn said...

Hi mindlovemisery-
Wonderful comment..I so appreciate your visit! Thank you..

Victoria said...

Lyn, I just love what you did with this one. What a great metaphor for loneliness and emptiness and how we try to define ourselves by what others think of us.

Margie said...

Well, you did it again and made me love your poetry even more!
Wonderful write, Lyn.

Margie :)

Lyn said...

Hi Victoria-
Thank you so much..I wanted to see how needy I could be!

Lyn said...

Hi Margie-
So good to hear from you and your lovely comment..I'm truly flattered!!

Brigid O'Connor said...

A powerful piece, Lyn, I really enjoyed this one.

Lyn said...

Hi Brigid-
Good to hear from you and happy that you liked this...thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin